Doubling Capacity, Increasing Privacy
French Hospital was originally built in the early 1970’s with 3‐bed patient rooms. Today, private rooms contribute to a better patient, family, and physician experience.
Research shows that the healing process is more effective in a single patient room. Privacy also reduces stress for the patient and family. This leads to shorter length of stays, lower infection rates, fewer medication errors, noise reduction, and less sleep disturbances. Plus, physicians can also provide more thorough consultations.
New Campus Details
Ground Level – Lobby, Admitting, Dining, and Imaging
- Welcome Center to greet patients and visitors
- New all-access kitchen and dining area adjacent to the lobby with a garden-like outdoor space
- Private admitting area
- New Imaging Department with the most innovative technologies, including advanced MRI
1st Level – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Adult Intensive Care Unit (same level as the hospital)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with 16 private beds, adjacent to the Stollmeyer Family Birthing Center
- Addition of 10 adult Intensive Care Suites, adjacent to the existing ICU for a total of 21 rooms
2nd and 3rd Levels — Medical/Surgical Units
- 56 single-occupancy rooms for cardiac, oncology, and medical/surgical patients — the only private rooms in SLO County
- Healing views of San Luis Mountain from patient rooms and a rooftop garden terrace
Your New French Hospital needs you.
We need your support to better serve you and our community when you need us. As our community continues to grow, our hospital’s greatest need is more space and expanded services — the capacity to serve more patients and increased privacy and comfort for those who entrust us with their care.
Join us in supporting Your New French Hospital. And help us go #BeyondHealth.